Diabetes Educator Registered Dietician - Diabetic Education
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The diabetes educator has the responsibility to support and ensure
the implementation of education for the diabetic patient inthe
out-patient setting. Functions as a resource for diabetes
management. Uses appropriate theories of learningand behavior
change in the development and implementation of diabetes
self-management education. Oversees the planning,implementation and
evaluation of the Diabetes Self Management Education program and
provides intermittent updates and anannual review of the DSME
program plan, teaching methods, content, resources available and
Bachelor's Degree in Food & Nutrition or Dietetics
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Dietitian License Illinois upon hire and Registered Dietitian (CDR)
One (1) Healthcare/Medical - Dietitian/Nutritionist
Possesses planning, leadership and organizational skills.
Demonstrates ability to accept and institute change. Communicates
effectively and works collaboratively with others.
- Collaborate with patients, families, and/or significant others
in establishing mutual learning goals and behavior change
- Develop, implement, and document teaching plan, educational
interventions, and follow-up plan based on the learning needs
assessment for patients, families, and/or significant others.
- Evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the diabetes
education needs of patients using established standards of care and
- Develop, review, update and implement educational materials to
meet the needs of patients and professionals
- Maintain the National Diabetes Advisory Board (NDAB) Standards
in order to maintain the Education Recognition Program
(ERP)certificate from the American Diabetes Association.
- Identify resources needed to achieve objectives for target
population, including adequate space, personnel, budgetand
- Serve as a resource person and mentor to staff related to
clinical knowledge of diabetes management.
- Oversee standing advisory committee which consists of a
physician, nurse educator, dietitian, behavioral science
expert,consumer, and a community representative to oversee the
- Use instructional methods and materials appropriate for the
- Maintain knowledge of current developments, trends and
techniques in diabetes management and education and makes
recommendations regarding use in diabetes program.
- Develops individualized teaching plans for self-management
(Diet, Medication, Self-care)
- Implements evidence based clinical practice guidelines for
- Communicate education and follow-up recommendations to
physicians and other health care providers within the
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Diabetes Educator Registered Dietician - Diabetic Education, Education / Teaching , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!