Plant Engineer - Manufacturing
Company: Stratas Foods
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Plant Engineer - Manufacturing
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the
Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in
North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged
dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in
October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies
(ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX;
Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN;
and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We
are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing
the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to
make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team
capable of meeting our business goals.
The Plant Engineer will provide engineering support for the plant,
to include project implementation, production and equipment
improvement initiatives and to support the daily operations of the
plant to ensure all safety and quality goals are achieved.
Plant Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Project management, purchasing, and supervision of contractors
for all projects to assure completion on a timely basis within
2. Adhere to and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and
3. Lead and assist management with appropriate training to assure
4. Report to plant manager.
5. Maintain appropriate communication/relationships with all
employees, vendors, visitors.
6. Provide the necessary safety training to contractors.
7. Follow, monitor, and ensure compliance with all safety, food
safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations, and policies.
8. Attend daily production/quality meetings.
9. Provide technical support for plant processes and
10. Observe facility operations on a regular basis.
11. Communicate with Supervisors on a daily basis.
12. Oversee facility operations.
13. Plant Superintendent assumes responsibilities in his/her
Education: BS degree in engineering or technical related area from
an accredited college/university ; Chemical, Electrical, or
Related Experience: Proven Engineering level supervision ( 6 years
or more) record of technical / maintenance personnel.
Equipment/Software Skills: Working knowledge in personal computers
(Microsoft software necessary, Project management, Microsoft
Project preferred) and basic understanding with Allen Bradley PLC.
Knowledge of CMMS such as MP2 is a plus.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required, any
maintenance related licenses would be a plus such as PE, ASME
welding, PLC s , wastewater, etc.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven
ability working well with people.
2. Ability to identify critical areas for improvement and develop
plans for correction.
3. Competent in making sketches, drawings, line layouts, plans
etc., and written instructions as necessary to affect equipment
maintenance / repair.
4. Participative team attitude skills with all personnel to assure
production standards, safety, and sanitation levels are maintained
as defined by the Mission Statement.
5. Good skills in ammonia refrigeration, steam generation and PLC
6. Good problem solving skills through team and individual
7. Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner
prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of
race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national
origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family
status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status,
and any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Stratas Foods, Normal , Plant Engineer - Manufacturing, Engineering , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!