Biomed Engineering Supervisor
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Biomedical Engineering Supervisor is responsible for overseeing
the repair and maintenance of diagnostic and therapeutic medical
equipment. The duties also include oversight and administration of
all aspects of the Medical equipment Management Program in
accordance with DNV standards, reporting for the Safe Medical
Device Act. Evaluating and coordinating medical equipment service
contracts. Preparing annual operating and capital budgets.
Providing input on the selection of capital medical equipment.
Performing staff annual evaluations. Work load assignments for
Associate's Degree in in Biomedical Engineering or related
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Certified Biomedical Equipment Tech (CBET) upon hire.
Four years of Biomedical or Electronics repair experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Familiarity with NFPA, DNV, IDPH and other applicable codes and
standards. Ability to manage a diverse workforce.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes and standards.
- Provides regulatory inspectors with data required during
- Assist Director with oversight of Quality Improvement
- Assist Director with evaluation of medical devices submitted
for Capital Acquisition.
- Assists maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Assist Director with annual staff evaluations.
- Lends assistance to other hospital departments related to
- Coordinates the activities of Biomedical engineering staff for
timely and accurate completion of preventative and corrective
- Ensures accurate record keeping of department activities.
- Analyzes repair and maintenance data for trends and
- Prepares Action Plans to address issues related to medical
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Biomed Engineering Supervisor, Engineering , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!