Company: Resource Logistics
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Role :: Puppet Engineer
Location :: Normal, IL
Duration: 6+ Months
Puppet job description
The candidate should have strong skills in Clienthitecture, design,
installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of
all areas of Puppet
- including high availability, replication, disaster recovery,
patching, backup & recovery, performance tuning, optimizing, and
securing Puppet in a large environment.
- Experience in automating Puppet deployments, admin tasks, and
ability to create scripts for managing and maintaining Puppet as
per business requirements.
- Establish software Clienthitecture patterns with consistent
security, monitoring, and configuration of cloud platform
- Experience in setting up alert monitoring considering the
monitoring tools deployed in the environment.
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration,
and release engineering tools.
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization, and
bottleneck problems analysis.
- Should be able to resolve any issue related to Puppet
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation tools
- Strong experience in writing playbooks, manifest and puppet
facts along with bash shell and power shell commands.
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and refactoring
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Solid technical expertise & ability to understand the existing
Puppet environment, modules, manifests, and classes and
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and
- Strong knowledge of cloud environments.
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum),
which includes project planning, execution, risk management, and
- Prior consulting, advisory, or professional services experience
- Flexible to work in 24x7 operations (working in shifts, on-call
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills as
the candidate needs to work with Clienthitects, Service Owners,
Business Leaders, and other technical teams.
- ou should have experience in network, server, and
- Puppet developer across multiple operating systems (Linux &
- Good Linux administration skills with automation skills in a
big puppet environment
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- Must have knowledge of the Puppet master and client's
management and Foreman dashboard.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes Incident, Problem,
Configuration, and Change Management (ITIL).
Keywords: Resource Logistics, Normal , Puppet Engineer, Engineering , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...