Company: Redwood Construction
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Position: Project Manager - Multifamily Renovations (100 -
1,000+ Units)Department: Redwood ConstructionLocation: Normal, IL
Job Summary:Redwood Construction is actively hiring for a motivated
and energetic, self-starter, Construction Project Manager for
Multifamily Renovations (100 - 1,000+ Units). The ideal candidate
exemplifies exceptional communication and construction skills, is
computer literate, and is able to excel in and manage a fast paced,
growing, and ever-changing environment. The Project Manager is
responsible for assuring that all renovations are completed while
maintaining the standards of excellence established by the client,
customers, competitors, and executive management. The Project
Manager will perform various coordinating tasks, attain and manage
vendors and subcontractors, coordinate all bidding processes, place
and organize material orders, track and manage budgetary costs,
coordinate schedules, and manage quality expectations within strict
time frames. To succeed in this role, the candidate should have
excellent time management and communication skills, as they'll
collaborate with clients and internal teams to meet deadlines. This
position reports to the Regional Construction Manager of the
Duties and Responsibilities - Essential Functions:
- Review all due diligence material, gather bids, maintain and
manage the scope of work in order to deliver the completed finish
- Gather approved design material and mood boards.
- Develop bidding strategies including the management and
coordination of all bidding processes.
- Procure local subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers for
bidding and execution of work.
- Schedule the national vendor-walk for finish package ROF.
- Host Project Kick-off Meeting with on-site staff.
- Monitor daily construction activities and inventory all
materials delivered to the site.
- Implement, monitor, and communicate the progress schedule and
its periodic revisions.
- Manage subcontractor schedules, quality-of-work, and payment
- Initiate and maintain liaison with architectural/engineering
contacts, city/county building officials, local businesses and
police/fire department to facilitate successful project execution
and maintain inspection codes including ADA requirements.
- Coordinate with Property Managers on renovation units from
start to completion.
- Inspect units received from management before accepting for
- Schedule punch walks with management and ensure punch list
items are completed by subcontractors.
- Schedule final walk with management.
- Track unit renovation progress in electronic project
- Review, code, and approve payment invoices for all work
- Communicate payment procedures and payment status with vendors
- Prepare Phase 2 documentation for successful hand-off to
- Ensure all work meets or exceeds the contract specifications
and standard of excellence.
- Create and maintain a safe/secure job site environment.
Required Education/ Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or certificate
- Proven work experience as a Construction Project Manager or
Maintenance Supervisor for large-scale multifamily required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the renovation of multifamily
- General knowledge of construction practices.
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel,
- Travel may be required based on location of project.
Keywords: Redwood Construction, Normal , Project Manager, Executive , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!