Assistant General Manager
Company: Hyatt Place - McNeill Hotels
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Reports to: General ManagerSubordinates: Line Level Associates
and Department HeadsFLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Assistant General Manager manages all aspects of the
department including but not limited to: guest relations,
reservation management, staffing, training, record keeping, and
payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures keeping
with the direction of the General Manager. The Assistant General
Manager acts as property Manager on Duty when assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and monitors activities of all employees in the Front
Office, Housekeeping, and Food & Beverage departments, making sure
they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines
set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures,
coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintains a professional and high-quality service oriented
- Acts as Manager on Duty for the hotel, using problem solving
skills to resolve complaints, disturbances, special requests,
social media reviews and any other issues that may arise.
- Assures all social media and brand-based reviews are responded
- Informs all staff of daily activities, group and VIP arrivals,
as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check
accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out
accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to
accommodations if appropriate.
- Responsible for scheduling within labor standard
- Responsible for managing operating expenses and purchasing for
all operations departments.
- Supervise upsell program at the front office and work as part
of the yield management team to maximize revenue for the
- Works closely with the all departments to improve guest
services and foster cross departmental communication. Monitor
performance of departments by consistently completing room and
public area inspections.
- Coordinates daily activities with hotel management team.
- Holds monthly departmental meetings, and morning huddles to
keep staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing
standards of excellence and promoting a formidable team atmosphere
- Works closely with all departments to ensure proper key
controls and safety measures are maintained at all times.
- Adheres to bank records, account receivables/payables and other
procedures to ensure accurate and timely collections.
- Accounts Receivable - Establish and maintaining accurate files
to include credit application, written documentation of collection
efforts, folios and invoices to ensure accurate weekly billing of
all account receivable. Timely communication with the GM and Sales
Manager of any account balance over 30 days.
- Responsible for comprehensive training of all operations
- Follows company policies and procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. A
minimum of 2 years- experience in team management or supervisory
experience. Hotel level front office experience is preferred.
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to monitor staff activities and accomplishment of
- Proficient communication
- Technical capacity
- Decision making
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language
- Will be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Will be required to work in a fast-paced environment
Internal: General Manager, Peers, Chief Engineer, Sales Manager,
line level associates and Field Operations at the corporate
External: Vendors: For purchasing, accounts receivable and accounts
payableGuests: To provide customer service
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended
to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give
the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of
the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can
determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with
or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to manage staff and
procedures efficiently as it pertains to the front office of the
hotel. This person must understand the practices, techniques and
technologies required in the work they are performing or
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand; walk; sit; bend; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate verbally and hear.
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision to
computer screens. The employee is occasionally required to use
sense of smell. The employee could be required to lift and or carry
boxes up to 15 pounds.
Reading and writing abilities are utilized to document or record
all tasks delegated and completed, to order supplies, enter in
reservations, submit reports or to read and understand sensitive
cash handling materials.
Reasoning abilities are always utilized. Basic mathematical
abilities are utilized a significant portion of the time.
This person will need to be able to react quickly in emergency
situations and make decisions that may involve the safety of others
or a great amount of money.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Brand: Hyatt Place
Address: 200 Broadway Avenue Normal, IL - 61761
Property Description: Hyatt Place - Bloomington-Normal
Property Number: PIAZN
Keywords: Hyatt Place - McNeill Hotels, Normal , Assistant General Manager, Executive , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!