Company: Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University
Posted on: July 27, 2022
Alabama A&M University (AAMU), an 1890 Land-Grant
institution located in the high-tech center of Huntsville in
northern Alabama, invites applications for the positions listed
below. Situated in the northeast quadrant of the city of 200,000,
the hillside campus is just four miles away from downtown
Huntsville. AAMU offers its 6,100-student population a wide range
of course offerings under the College of Agriculture, Life and
Natural Sciences; College of Business and Public Affairs; College
of Education, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences and College of
Engineering, Technology and Physical Science. The School of
Graduate Studies serves about 1,400 and offers doctoral degree
programs in Applied Physics, Food Science, Plant/Soil Science and
Summary:The general manager will manage and oversee the daily
operations of the event center, campus venues, stadium, baseball
and softball facilities, and the practice fields. The general
manager will handle event set-up for the event center and stadium
as needed to support the University as well as the general public.
The general manager position manages and coordinates the day-to-day
operations of the complex including but not limited to maintenance,
set-up/changeovers, custodial/housekeeping, landscaping/grounds
keeping, and equipment safety. This employee also provides overall
administrative planning, and direction, assuring the highest
quality service program to assure booking and rebooking of events.
The General Manager ensures an effective and cost-efficient program
by controlling departmental operating budget while providing highly
responsible assistance to the Director of Facilities and
Administrative Services.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities:Responsible for all Campus venues, such as, but
not limited to the following:
- Event Center
- Lewis Crews Stadium
- Welcome Center
- Bradford Auditorium
- Elmore Gym
- Responsible for all food and beverage support.
- Responsible for maintenance, operations and repairs at Campus
venues including HVAC, electrical/lighting systems), mechanical and
plumbing equipment, refrigeration equipment systems, cooling
towers, boilers, water pumps and building control systems
- Supervise and coordinate Event Center, Lewis Crews Stadium, and
Multi-Purpose room conversions (basketball to concert, trade shows,
small meetings, etc.)
- Maintain and keep an inventory of all Event Center and venues
event equipment (staging, basketball equipment, etc.)
- Oversee opening or closing of Event Center and campus venues
for a move-in or move-out of events.
- Build and maintain tenant relations (Athletics, Academics)
- Oversees and facilitates the maintenance programs, housekeeping
and assists with building physical systems and repairs. Negotiates
all building services agreements.
- Responsible for purchasing of building and event
- Responsibilities include operations oversight for AAMU
Basketball, AAMU Volleyball and AAMU Football at the Event Center
and Lewis Crews Stadium.
- Develop and establish policies and procedures, performance
standards and operating guidelines.
- Develop and constantly update a proactive master plan to
maintain all the FF&E and long-term schedule for replacement
and or associated upgrades.
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance program,
including life cycle analysis, inclusive of all facets of the
- Oversees budget related invoices and payment approvals for all
- Monitor contractor performance and expenses; including the
Janitorial vendor, Security, and other vendors as assigned.
- Serve as liaisons between organizations, shareholders, and
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers,
distributors, federal and state agencies, and other organizational
- Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval
or to suggest changes
- Schedule and monitor continued training seminar for staff on
various operational, safety, and legal responsibilitiesEvent
- Overall responsibility that the building venues are completely
operational and totally prepared for every event and appropriate
staffing levels are in place.
- Main point of contact on all event advances &
- Responsible for efficient and timely communication of event
related information to all departments and contractors
- Responsible for the creation of event cost estimates for all
upcoming events for including Engineering and Facility Operations
- Accountable to maintain program that tracks all related event
- Analyzing if the technical needs of future events can be met by
- Coordination on all large-scale events, and large-scale
concerts events. Optimizing overall profitability
- Creating a positive relationship with client and
- Creating a culture of accountability which supports the
- Meeting or exceeding annual growth objectives
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience,
certifications, licenses, etc.):
- Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) or four (4) years equivalent work
experience; and five years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have experience with facility coordination and direct employee
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
- Must be available to work various shifts as necessary including
nights, weekends, and holidays
- Have an understanding of commercial electrical, plumbing,
technology and mechanical systems.Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in
sports management, building management, maintenance operations,
engineering, or other related fields.Knowledge, Skills, and
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experienced and demonstrated organizational leadership and
- Proven project management and problem-solving skills that drive
successful completion of goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large scale projects, data
management, financial planning and auditing and/or strategic
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally amongst Directors,
Leadership and business partners throughout the organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to articulate purpose of the
- Experience working with database management systems and
comfortable with applying financial analysis and
- Strong negotiation skills, interpersonal savvy and proven
organizational and administrative agility.
- Experience in providing training and technical assistance when
- Demonstrated knowledge of physical plant management,
supervisory skills and experience in work crew supervision in
facility operations; experience in plumbing, electrical, HVAC
building repair and carpentry work preferred.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and be able to
function in a multi-task environment.
- Forklift certification preferred. Aerial lift certifications
SALARY:The salary for each position is based on the grade/tier in
which the position is placed, and the salary within the grade/tier
is based on the number of years of related experience or number of
years in the hiring rank.Alabama A&M University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerAlabama A&M University
encourages applications for employment from persons who are members
of groups that have been underrepresented based on race, color,
national origin, gender, age, or disability.
Please submit the following documents online
- Employment Application
- Unofficial transcript (if applicable)Already have an AAMU
Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your
Keywords: Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, Normal , General Manager, Executive , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!