Staff Vehicle Line Manager
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply
accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek
new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown.
Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the
outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will be responsible for the design,
development and execution of vehicle program. Role requires high
levels of initiative, independent judgement and indirect leadership
capability. Able to lead teams to creative solutions and develop
new processes in a compressed timeline.
* Vehicle Balance vs. marketing and styling requirements
* Support physical integration of the vehicle via design reviews
with the Chief Engineer
* Support performance integration of vehicle, including driving
design solutions for integration issues
* Imperative allocation to SMTs and managing imperative
* Engineering budget trade-offs (vehicle and material focus).
* Responsible for program deliverables status at program gateways
and weekly executive reviews
* Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover for cross
* Run weekly KPI meeting
* Engineering approval responsibility for engineering releases
* Design, Development, Validation, Release and Launch Execution of
an all new vehicle.
* Engineering leadership including on-site support as needed at
assembly plant or test locations.
* Lead Mule build execution
* Assistant to Vehicle Line Director or Vehicle Program
* Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of
* 5 years experience on a program team
* BS in Engineering or similar technical degree required
* Masters Degree (Preferred)
* Launch experience on a vehicle program
* DRE experience
* Exposure to multiple functional areas
* Vehicle integration or calibration experience
* Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to
work effectively with internal and external partners.
* Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation
of mechanical/electrical systems.
* Technical and professional skills in job-related area
* Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
* Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics,
physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software,
control systems) within job-related area.
* High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and
* Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or
personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection
laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our
recruitment processes ("Candidate Personal Data"). This data
includes contact, demographic, communications, educational,
professional, employment, social media/website, network/device,
recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference
information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the
purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system;
(ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and
recruitment process, including assessing you and your application
and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii)
establishing an employment relationship or entering into an
employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal,
regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping;
(vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing
fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal
personnel who have a need to know such information in order to
perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team,
Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you
are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian's service
providers, including providers of background checks, staffing
services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate
Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the
United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this
data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law
enforcement and national security authorities of such
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from
third party application services.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , Staff Vehicle Line Manager, Executive , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!