Cloud Practice Manager
Company: Burwood Group
Posted on: September 4, 2019
Cloud Practice ManagerWho We Are Burwood Group is not your average
technology consulting firm. We are an innovative, culture-driven,
industry leader and we are growing our team by leaps and bounds.
Founded in 1997 in Chicago (and still headquartered here), we've
grown to be a 200+ employee firm with people and offices spread
from Southern California to NYC. Our specialty is closing the gap
between business strategy and technology solutions. Our clients
view Burwood as a trusted advisor and partner who can help them
select the best technology for the job, manage and execute a
first-rate implementation, and measure project success by the
business outcomes achieved.
What You'll DoThe Practice Manager role provides leadership and
governance to ensure quality, continuity, and productivity of team
members. The Practice Manager is involved in a wide spectrum of
activities leading to the success and growth of the team and of
Burwood Group as a whole.
Burwood's people are the most vital part of our organization. As
Practice Manager you would be directly involved in managing your
team's success and development.
- Manage various aspects of the employees' demonstrated
performance and career development and growth.
- Ensure team profitability and revenue goals are attained by
maximizing potential of team members, driving project
profitability, and meeting sales goals.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and guidance to the
project team resulting in project success and high client
- Assist in resolution of project related issues by serving as a
point of escalation for quality and technical issues.
Business Development and Client Relationship Management
- Actively manage sales pipeline of team by engaging sales and
architecture teams to drive solutions for team members.
- Participate in pre-sales activities and the proposal
- Provide input into establishing project and client pricing
based on project estimates, risk, profitability, etc.
- Participate and supports client action plans, process
improvements and the strategic account planning process.
Who You Are
- You display leadership by creating an environment where your
team wants to do its best!
- Your tenure and expertise makes you credible and capable of
leading conversations/relationships at Director Level and above.
You can develop and maintain client relationships at all
- You have a solid tenure and expertise in your practice area,
service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Your background makes you capable of managing the many projects
and responsibilities that vie for your time.
- You are able to manage and oversee teams of varying size. You
take pride in building and growing a strong team and seeing them
The Tech StuffDesired hands-on experience with one or more in each
of the following:
- GCP, Azure, or AWS
- Velostrata, Terraform, or HyperGrid
- Docker or Kubernetes
- RISC Networks CloudScape
- VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer
- VMware SRM, Veeam, or Zerto,
- Microsoft AD, Exchange, or Office 365
- Cisco UCS or HCE Compute
- Nutanix, Cisco, or HPE Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Desired certifications: MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, VCP-DV or VCP-NV, GCP
The Perks If you ask any of our employees here at Burwood "what we
love", the top answer is always the same: our culture. Our
employees are driven, innovative, fun-loving, and always willing to
help. In addition to that, Burwood also offers some fantastic
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) savings plan, complete with a company
- Generous vacation policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accident insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability coverage
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax healthcare and
- Access to financial planning expertise
Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionWe are not intent on being
the largest company; but rather, the best. These are the words we
live by. This means we welcome all of the best talent - regardless
of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability,
religion and age.
Being open to all cultural backgrounds, life experiences, thoughts
and ideas not only strengthens company culture but also encourages
different-in-kind thinking and promotes economic success.
Keywords: Burwood Group, Normal , Cloud Practice Manager, Executive , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!