Company: Fort Jesse Imaging & Gale Keeran Center for Women
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Description:Join an energetic, patient-focused team! Fort Jesse
Imaging Center is currently seeking an experienced Mammography
Technologist for a PRN position at our outpatient imaging center
located in Normal, Illinois.NOTE: COVID-19 and influenza vaccines,
or approved exemptions are required for employment at Fort Jesse
Imaging.JOB SUMMARY:Under the direction of the Radiology Medical
Director, the Mammography technologist:
- Performs breast imaging procedures and related techniques,
producing data at the request of and for interpretation by a
licensed independent practitioner.
- Ensures services are performed in a safe environment in
accordance with established guidelines and regulatory
- Serves as part of the imaging center team and seeks as well as
provides feedback for improved clinical practice.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Receives, relays, and documents verbal, written, and electronic
orders in the patient's medical record.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with physician's order
and procedure, ensuring information is documented and available for
use by a licensed independent practitioner. May also verify
informed consent, if applicable.
- Assumes responsibility for patient needs during
- Knowledge of and assists with MQSA regulations.
- Applies principles of ALARA to minimize exposure to patient,
self, and others.
- May perform venipuncture and maintain intravenous access as
prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner, as needed or
- Identifies, prepares, and/or administers medications as
prescribed by and under the direction of a licensed independent
practitioner in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, ensuring proper
identification is recorded.
- May conduct POC Creatinine clearance testing in accordance with
established Mammography protocols or as prescribed by a licensed
independent practitioner for diagnostic interpretation, as needed
- Provides education to patients, as well as students and other
health care providers.
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities.
- Identifies, prepares, positions patient, and competently
performs procedure by using established Mammography protocols or as
prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner for diagnostic
interpretation or intervention, to achieve the highest quality
- Provides or assists with physical breast inspection or
- Determines image exposure factors.
- Images pathologic breast specimens.
- Maintains archival storage of digital data as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory.
- As required, instructs students and residents and performs
preceptor duties as necessary.
- Establishes ownership of clinical area by taking pride in
appearance and readiness of exam rooms, equipment, and
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates consistent use of AIDET (Acknowledge patient,
Introduce yourself, provide Duration/timeline for test, Explain the
test, & Thank them for choosing our center) and HEAL ( Hear them
out, Empathize, Apologize, & Leap into action to solve) when
interacting with patients/customers.
- Takes the initiative to help other modalities/areas of the
Imaging Center as assigned or when work load/area allows.
- Attends/participates in staff meetings, in-services, and
center-wide meetings as scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as assigned..
- Up to 5 years experience as a Mammography
- Must have a minimum Associates Degree in Radiology or be a
graduate of an accredited two-year radiology
program.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Must be certified by the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiography
and maintain current valid registration from ARRT. Must also hold a
Mammography advanced registration through ARRT or must obtain it
within their first 12 months of employment. Additionally, must meet
the state licensure requirement for the state in which they
practice. BLS certification required within 60 days of
- Skill in operation of Mammography equipment as well as
applicable ancillary equipment.
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Ability to provide documentation accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrates understanding of human cross-sectional anatomy,
physiology, pathology, radiopharmacology, and medical
- Knowledge of computer applications, including information and
billing systems, keyboard input, digital archiving, and retrieving
of data.Our outpatient imaging center offers competitive salary and
benefits. Pre-employment drug screen and background check are
required. If qualified, please apply today for immediate
consideration.OIA partners with local healthcare providers to
develop, own and operate quality, easily accessible,
service-oriented outpatient diagnostic imaging centers. To learn
more, visit us at www.oiarad.com.Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Fort Jesse Imaging & Gale Keeran Center for Women, Normal , Mammography Technologist-PRN, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!