Company: Fort Jesse Imaging & Gale Keeran Center for Women
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Description:Join an energetic, patient-focused team! Fort Jesse
Imaging Center is currently seeking an experienced Sonographer for
a PRN position at our outpatient imaging center located in Normal,
IL.PRN Position will be utilized to cover day shifts when needed
and Saturdays when needed.JOB SUMMARY:Under the direction of the
Radiology Medical Director, the Sonographer:
- Performs sonographic procedures at the request of and for
interpretation by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Ensures services are performed in a safe environment in
accordance with established guidelines and regulatory
- Serves as part of the imaging center team and seeks as well as
provides feedback for improved clinical practice.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Receives, relays, and documents verbal, written, and electronic
orders in the patient's medical record.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with physicians order
and procedure, ensuring information is documented and available for
use by a licensed independent practitioner. May also verify
informed consent, if applicable.
- Assumes responsibility for patient needs during
- Records anatomical, pathological, and/or physiological data for
interpretation by a physician.
- Assists the physician in gathering sonographic data necessary
to diagnose a variety of conditions and diseases.
- Identifies, prepares, positions patient, and competently
performs procedure by using established Sonographic protocols or as
prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner for diagnostic
interpretation or intervention, to achieve the highest quality
- Conducts POC Creatinine clearance testing in accordance with
established Sonographic protocols or as prescribed by a licensed
independent practitioner for diagnostic interpretation.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, ensuring proper
identification is recorded.
- Identifies and manages emergency situations.
- Provides education to patients, as well as students and other
health care providers.
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities and maintains
- Performs Diagnostic Ultrasound procedures or examinations as
prescribed by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Optimizes equipment parameters to ensure diagnostic exams are
of consistent technical and administrative quality as requested by
a licensed independent practitioner.
- Assists a licensed independent practitioner with interventional
- Manipulates and reconstructs digital data for display or hard
copy records, ensuring proper identification is evident.
- Maintains archival storage of digital data as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory.
- As required, instructs students and residents and performs
preceptor duties as necessary.
- Establishes ownership of clinical area by taking pride in
appearance and readiness of exam rooms, equipment, and
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates consistent use of AIDET (Acknowledge patient,
Introduce yourself, provide Duration/timeline for test, Explain the
test, & Thank them for choosing our center) and HEAL ( Hear them
out, Empathize, Apologize, & Leap into action to solve) when
interacting with patients/customers.
- Takes the initiative to help other modalities/areas of the
Imaging Center as assigned or when work load/area allows.
- Attends/participates in staff meetings, in-services, and
center-wide meetings as scheduled.
- Performs all other duties as assigned..
- Up to 5 years experience as a licensed Sonographer.EDUCATION:
- Must be a graduate of an approved program of diagnostic
sonography.LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:Must be registered or
registry eligible through the American Registry of Diagnostic
Medical Sonographers (RDMS) or ARRT (S). RVT certification required
within one year of hire, in addition to one of the following: OB,
Abdominal or General. Additionally, must meet the state licensure
requirement for the state in which they practice. BLS certification
required within 60 days of hire.SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Skill in operation of Sonography equipment as well as
applicable ancillary equipment.
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Ability to provide documentation accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrates understanding of human cross-sectional anatomy,
physiology, pathology, radiopharmacology, and medical
- Knowledge of computer applications, including information and
billing systems, keyboard input, digital archiving, and retrieving
of data.Our outpatient imaging center offers competitive salary and
benefits. Pre-employment drug screen and background check are
required. If qualified, please apply today for immediate
consideration.OIA partners with local healthcare providers to
develop, own and operate quality, easily accessible,
service-oriented outpatient diagnostic imaging centers. To learn
more, visit us at www.oiarad.com.Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Fort Jesse Imaging & Gale Keeran Center for Women, Normal , Sonographer- PRN, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!