Behavioral Health Provider
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Normal, Illinois. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
POSITION SUMMARY:The Behavioral Health Provider is responsible for
providing psychological services and the promotion of behavioral
change to patients presenting in Multi-Specialty services with
concerns ranging from psychosocial considerations to physical and
mental health concerns. Conducts psychosocial evaluations and is
grounded in the behavioral medicine knowledge base and quickly
assesses, diagnoses, and synthesizes medical and psychiatric data
to formulate effective, evidenced based clinical recommendations.
Selects and interprets self-report questionnaires to assist with
diagnosis and development of treatment plan. Consults and
collaborates with multi-disciplinary team in order to provide
optimum treatment planning. Uses a variety of brief evidenced based
therapies with motivational interviewing as the foundation of
communication with patients and family. Monitors patient's progress
and requests input, revising treatment goals as necessary. The
Behavioral Health Provider performs the duties described below in
accordance with the specific needs of the practice. May assist with
group work and/or educational offerings the specialty practice
might offer to patients.
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family
Therapy, or related field
- Competency in providing a broad range and mix of brief
cognitive and/or behaviorally-based interventions.
- Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), with Behavioral Health
experience, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), or
Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor (LMFT) required.
- Must maintain required credentials and mandatory training
requirements to ensure compliance with all State regulations.
- Evidence of being flexible, high-energy, and team-oriented with
excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Power
Point, etc. Ability to efficiently document in electronic health
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and automobile insurance
coverage, be able to travel as needed, ability to drive and have
access to a car. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 years post-licensure experience providing counseling.
- Experience and/or knowledge base working with patients with
- Specialized training in health psychology; experience working
in primary care settings.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced competency in deploying
evidence-based practices commonly used in PC settings, i.e.
Motivational Interviewing (MI), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT),
Problem Solving Therapy (PST), Behavioral Activation (BA), Relapse
Prevention, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), biofeedback,
- Experience with psychological assessment and treatment of
children and adolescents. Other skills/knowledge:
- Medical terminology-Will be required to take a base line
medical terminology course within 180 days beginning employment
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/DisabledJob seekers will be afforded
equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran
status or disability status.
Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs,
biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Normal , Behavioral Health Provider, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!