CMA - Certified Medical Assistant (PRN)
Company: Medcor Inc
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you looking to pick up extra shifts? Do you
routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you
treat people as well, if not better than you would treat yourself?
Do you like a supportive, team-based work environment, good pay,
and growth potential? If so, then Medcor may be the right company
Here's why people love working for Medcor:
- Stability! We've been around since 1984. Nationwide and growing
- Work life balance. Being a PRN position, there are multiple
opportunities to pick up extra shifts.
- Training! We believe in it and we'll train and support you to
- Opportunities to develop professionally. We offer ways to
expand your role, transfer to other parts of the country, and grow
at the pace you want.
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to share? We
value your work and we want your input!Medcor is currently looking
for a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to provide high-quality
clinical administrative care on a PRN basis (as-needed) in an
employer based clinic setting in Normal, IL. The clinic performs
basic primary and urgent care in addition to treating work place
injuries. The clinic operates 24/7. (Currently looking to hire PRN
"As-needed" for all days and shifts).
THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME JOB. IT IS PRN/COVERAGE***Since this is on
an as needed basis there are no guaranteed hours. If you have the
availability to pick up an occasional shift we invite you to
The CMA will provide excellent clinical care in an AP clinic and
will assist in the care and treatment of patients in the clinic
environment. The position's responsibilities also include
collaborative work with the medical and operational leadership at
Medcor, on-site MLP's, RN's, CMA' OHT's, and key contacts within
the client's corporate structure.
A typical day in the life of a Medcor Medical Assistant:
- Provide superior customer service to clinic patients and
- Schedule appointments, greet patients, manage clinic traffic,
and conduct follow up calls
- Record keeping, and running reports with state of the art
electronic medical software
- Assist with clinical exams, procedures, and labs
- Conduct drug and alcohol tests
- Inventory and stocking of supplies
- Work collaboratively work with clinic staff, client staff,
local medical providersYou Must: The state of Illinois has a
vaccine mandate for all healthcare workers. If you are not
vaccinated, you will have to test weekly if you have an approved
exemption on file. Do you meet his requirement?
- Be a valid Certified Medical Assistant
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be willing to go above and beyond to provide excellent customer
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The state of Illinois has a vaccine mandate for all healthcare
workers. If you are not vaccinated, you will have to test weekly if
you have an approved exemption on file. Do you meet his
- Be comfortable working in a clinic environment
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- Be comfortable and productive working with computers;
familiarity with EMR software is a plusCultureWe don't just
advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for
ourselves. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor PhilosophyMedcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected
practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To
preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our
values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our
advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to
celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition
program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability We are an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin,
disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.4889**MES
Keywords: Medcor Inc, Normal , CMA - Certified Medical Assistant (PRN), Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!