Endoscopy Tech - BMC Day Surgery
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), the Health Care
Technician (HCT) functions as a support to the licensed nursing
staff and performs activities related to the personal care and
hygiene needs of an assigned patient group. Facilitates
communication with other departments, visitors, patients, medical
staff and employees. Serves as a public relations liaison for the
unit. Works under the direct supervision of the nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Completion of CNA coursework w/in past 24 months, OR Successfull
completion of Carle's HCT In Training Program, OR Worked as a CNA
w/in past 24 months, OR Successful completion of at least one
semester of nursing clinical experiences, OR Documented relevant
medical military training
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients
- Assists with the maintenance of unit supplies to ensure the
smooth function of the unit, including stocking nurse servers,
cleaning instruments and equipment, ordering supplies, and making
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by Registered
Nurse (RN) and ensures accurate documentation.
- Demonstrates competency in selected psychomotor skills as
outlined in the skills checklist including: measurement of vital
signs, blood glucose monitoring, and measuring and recording intake
- Performs or assists patients with the activities of daily
living. Prepares patients for transportation and/or transport.
- Use AIDET with patient and family when getting and rooming
- Take vitals, secure belongings, apply leggings, garments as
- Order supplies/ put away supplies/ stock.
- Make and transport carts.
- Assist with patient needs, blanket, restroom, etc.
- Demonstrate competency in skills and recording in vital signs,
blood, glucose monitoring, output, urine pregnancy.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption,
healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Endoscopy Tech - BMC Day Surgery, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!