Patient Access Specialist - Urology (Bloomington)
Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for facilitating
patient access services by managing incoming calls, assisting
clinic customers at first point of contact, and streamlining
clinic-wide communications. Also responsible for the daily work
schedule for a group of physicians/staff by answering the phones,
obtaining records, verifying patient information, scheduling
appointments, entering charges and collecting payments. Job
Relationships Reports to the Operations Manager Principal
- Answer all incoming calls, identify the need of the caller and
take messages as required.
- Check patients in, verify patient information and update
information/register new patients as needed.
- Collect co-pay and/or payment at time of service as
- Schedule appointments for the provider according to provider
group procedures, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Identify provider schedule capacity and analyze the
availability for patient demand in order to maximize provider
efficiency and schedule utilization.
- Collaborate with onsite department physicians and clinical
staff to align scheduling effort and assist patients at first point
- Request future charts, add ons, stat, etc. Pull charts in
office if required.
- Compile office charts for appointments one day in
- Document patient requests to the office nurse through
- Work Televox reports specifically for assigned provider /
- Work office bump list / wait list / normal letters / overdue
orders for assigned provider / provider group.
- Work the Access Center Task list for assigned provider /
- Maintain knowledge or experience in billing and insurance
principles / practices.
- Route emergency calls to the office nurse/TeleNurse in
accordance to the emergency procedure.
- Adhere to patient service standards.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional behavior in
associations with patients and employees.
- Responsible for continuing education and adhering to
appropriate workflow processes.
- Report any workflow problems/complaints to the
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training &
accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to Springfield
Clinic's Code of Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of medical office and/or phone
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient and accurate typing skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Deductive reasoning.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy.
- Excellent attendance in previous work environment.
- Demonstrates intermediate computer skills and knowledge of
computer software programs.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Office type environment requiring extended periods of
PHI/Privacy Level HIPAA1
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Normal , Patient Access Specialist - Urology (Bloomington), Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!