Clinic RN - Interventional Pain
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Ambulatory Nurse at Carle McLean County Orthopedics and Pain
Center is responsible for promoting and restoring patients' health
by completing the nursing process; collaborating with the
physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical
and psychological support to patients, friends, and families;
supervising assigned team members.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days.
Two (2) years of directly related experience preferred
Demonstrates clinical competencies in providing direct patient care
and patient and family education as well as assisting the provider
in the delivery of patient care. Demonstrates leadership and
organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
and collaboratively with others.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of
care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies.
Includes, but not limited to (2) patient identifiers (name and date
of birth), medication management and safety, hand off
- Medication reconciliation initiated on initial visit and
updated each visit.
- Maintains medication record for all prescriptions given to
patient by physician.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding
regarding medications, procedures, test, and infection control
practices (when applicable).
- Changes in patient's physiological, psychological, and
behavioral status are recognize, documented, and reported to
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented
and reported to physician.
- Assisting during procedures in fluoroscopy suite which includes
admitting patients and circulating during procedures
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Assists during clinic by providing patient education,
submitting therapy/MRI orders, work notes, medications, etc.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists nursing leadership in the development of departmental
- Triages and schedules patient exams as needed.
- Responds to incoming patient phone calls within one business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Clinic RN - Interventional Pain, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!