Clinic RN - Chemo Procedural RN Cancer Center
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Procedural Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by
incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals,
families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as
defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
Diploma (Not HS) in Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Registered Professional Nurse (RN) License Illinois upon hire and
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days and Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS) within 1 year and Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider
Certification within 1 year.
One (1) year experience preferred with administering
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required continuing
education regarding the care of acute stroke patients.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
ust have a compassion for Oncology. Must be able to work in a fast
paced environment and be able to multi-task to meet outcomes timely
and efficiently. Also, to be able to work in a team
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include
assisting with procedures using conscious sedation, placement of
IV's, and administering chemotherapy drugs.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Identifies, assesses and diagnose problems through patient
assessment and interactions, and evaluates actual or potential
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Administer chemotherapy IV fluids via peripherally inserted
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Promotes professionalism when interacting with internal and
- Serves as a resource person to staff in the clinic as
- Participates in patient, family, and staff teaching.
- Adheres to hospital and department policy and procedures.
- Documents patient care in the health care record according to
- Keeps current on advances in nursing care by participating in
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Clinic RN - Chemo Procedural RN Cancer Center, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!