Med Asst - BMSO Medical Hills
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
To provide assistance to health care providers in an ambulatory
care setting demonstrating quality care and service in patientflow,
patient care services and clerical duties. Responsibilities may
include, but are not limited to: taking of patient history and
vitals, clinical procedure assistance, appointment scheduling and
registration, review of encounter forms for compliancy and
accuracy, billing cycle functions, filing duties and other
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire.
Previous direct patient care experience (medical office, inpatient
setting, home health, etc.), or completion of a healthcare training
program (CNA, EMT, CMA, etc.)
- Greets and escorts patients to examination rooms following
established protocols ensuring efficient patient flow.
- Prepares patient for health care provider. Obtains specific
nature of visit. Records vital signs in the EMR which may include
the following: height, weight, blood pressure, temperature and
pulse. Prepares patient based on medical condition according to
- May perform testing as assigned in accordance with established
- Assists healthcare provider during exam and during procedures,
as required, ensuring patient comfort. Ensures adequate and
appropriate supplies are immediately available for provider.
- Provides patient education materials as ordered by healthcare
- Routes incoming results and reports appropriately and in a
timely manner. Reconciles testing and consultation reports
assigning appropriately in a patient chart.
- Provides care and routine maintenance and cleaning of exam room
and patient care equipment. Assists in inventory of supplies, which
may include pharmacy supplies, lab supplies, medical/surgical and
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a timely manner. Routes
calls and messages appropriately.
- Schedules appointments for providers, within the practice
following departmental policies and procedures and physician
protocols following specific guidelines.
- Provides new and established patients with provider specific
- Performs extra duties, such as: scanning, filing, faxing, and
verification of result notifications.
- Assists in registration of new patients and entry of
demographics to ensure proper billing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Med Asst - BMSO Medical Hills, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!