Laboratory Assistant II - Bloomington Pediatrics
Company: Springfield Clinic
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Laboratory Assistant 2 is responsible for performing a
variety of functions either independently or under the supervision
of a technologist, including drawing blood, processing specimens,
order entry in lab computer, logging results, performing glucose
tolerances, EKGs and performing limited laboratory waived
Reports to the Laboratory Manager or Lab Supervisor
- Responsible for the well being of the patient while they are in
the laboratory, for the collection of the proper specimen, the
performance of some tests, giving proper instructions to the
patient for at home collections and completion of all the
- Responsible for order entry into the laboratory
- Collect blood, urine, nasal wash, throat and MRSA specimens
from patients and perform EKGs.
- Process specimens according to lab procedures.
- Set up urine and throat cultures as assigned.
- Perform rapid strep testing, urine dipstick analysis, urine
pregnancy testing, IStat and other testing as assigned. Perform and
record quality control when appropriate and log results on
appropriate worksheets and results in the computer.
- Have a general knowledge of reception duties, such as
scheduling patients in IDX and looking up patient orders and
answering the telephone in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Travel to multiple locations as needed.
- Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy
- Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training &
accomplishments as required per policy.
- Provide excellent customer service and adhere to SC Way
customer service philosophy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED required and provide
- Experience in phlebotomy is required.
- After three (3) months of employment at the Clinic the employee
should be fully capable of performing as a lab assistant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Should be competency assessed before performing any patient
- Must be able to communicate well.
- Must be able to lift occasional light load up to 20
- Must be able to stand, bend over and walk for long periods of
- Must be able to handle heavy workloads, competing demands and
Keywords: Springfield Clinic, Normal , Laboratory Assistant II - Bloomington Pediatrics, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!