Inpatient LPN - Cardiovascular Unit
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assumes responsibilities for the
direct nursing care of assigned patients under the supervision of a
registered nurse (RN) in patient care departments. Provides nursing
services to patients and families in accordance with the LPN scope
of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing. The LPN
will be paired with an RN. LPN tasks may include oral meds, IV
piggyback meds, trach care, dressing changes, documentation on
assessments and care plans after the RN has completed the first
assessment and initiated the care plan and working in the central
Diploma (Not HS) in Practical Nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Illinois upon hire and Basic Life
Support (BLS) within 30 days.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
monstrates compassion and caring in dealing with others. Ability to
work cooperatively and follow direction in order to meet the needs
of the patient, family and department. Demonstrates clinical
knowledge in providing care for patients. Must complete telemetry
training and competency.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients under the supervision
of a registered nurse. Nursing care is guided by the provider
orders and the nursing plan of care within the LPN scope of
- Reports patient response to care to registered nurse for
evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Passes all medications, hangs IV piggybacks and fluids,
excluding IV Push meds.
- Charts assessments on assigned patients, given that an RN has
charted the initial assessment.
- Charts on care plans, which the RN has opened. As needed will
have RN open new care plans.
- Communicates with physicians/APPs to receive orders and
coordinate care for patient.
- Complete dressing changes as needed.
- Completes trach care as needed.
- Insert and care for NG tube and feedings through NG tube.
- Reinforce education and discharge instructions.
- Cares for medical and surgical patients according to
established unit standards.
- Ability to read and respond to EKGs in the central telemetry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Normal , Inpatient LPN - Cardiovascular Unit, Healthcare , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!