Company: Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Cen
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The primary purpose of the Kitchen Supervisor is to provide guests with an excellent experience while training kitchen staff, ensuring all quality standards are met as well as assisting with the establishment and enforcement of food specifications, portion control, recipes and other sanitation requirements.
The Kitchen Supervisor will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Assist the Executive Chef or All Purpose Manager in hiring, training, supervising and scheduling of associates in accordance with Atrium's Core Values and established protocols ;
- A ssist with ordering and managing inventory with a focus on balancing cost control and maintaining adequate supplies ;
- Prepare, cook, and present food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs ;
- Monitor team performance, product quality, and production f low, foster continuous improvement where necessary ;
- Assist in creating and implementing new menus ;
- Audit food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements ;
- Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout the kitchen including walk-in and reach-in boxes ;
- Conduct appropriate coaching and accountability of food and beverage associates when service, performance, or cleanliness standards are not met ; and
- Any and all other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
Keywords: Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Cen, Normal , Kitchen Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Normal, Illinois
here to apply!