CNC Machinist Programmer
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never simply
accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek
new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown.
Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the
outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you'll do:
- Set up and operate manual and CNC machines to produce precision
parts and complex automotive dies and tooling
- Use CAD/CAM software to model cutting paths and program
machines including 3+2 or 5 Axis Mills
- Read technical drawings and blueprints
- Consider tools required to cut various materials and program
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolving problems with machines
as they arise
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as cleaning, oiling, and
- Train new employees on how to properly operate manual and CNC
machines and execute programs
- Use of mobile equipment (Crane, Fork Truck, Tugger)
- Perform basic administrative duties
- Ability to work any shift
This is what you'll need:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing
- Skilled in reading and interpreting technical drawings and
- Proficient at computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Strong attention to detail and professional attitude
- 5 years' experience programming and operating CNC
- Experienced in operating manual mills, lathes, drill presses,
surface grinders, and other support equipment.
- Experience with arc welding and gas torch preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in
engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
This is where you'll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from
third party application services.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , CNC Machinist Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!