Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you'll do:
- Maintains a high-quality relationship with the production
managers regarding their production schedules, and the support
required for machinery, potential new capital requirements.
- Works with the Body Shop Manager to identify and implement
processes, equipment and functional improvements to achieve
- Performs and teaches all processes and assignments within the
body shop with the ability to fill in as needed.
- Support and participate in pilot programs and model change
- Provides input and support for material replenishment
- Builds and maintains relationships with team leaders and team
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees.
- Plans and establishes body shop team agenda and ensures
- Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the body shop team
- Ensure the highest level of team member and team leader
training to support the operating plans.
- Responsible for the safety of employees and that all production
equipment is in safe operating condition in conjunction with the
safety committee and EH&S manager
- Determine team member activity including recommendation of
hiring, firing, performance, wage and salary reviews
- May perform other duties as assigned.
This is what you'll need:
- CMMS software setup, use, coaching and training.
- Expanded knowledge of PLC's, Installation and Programming.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Engineering or Technical Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- 5+ years of high-volume manufacturing body shop
- 3+ years in manufacturing body shop supervision.
- A combination of education and experience.
This is where you'll work:
Department: Manufacturing Body Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.