Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Quality Engineer position is responsible for quality system
performance for a section of the Manufacturing General Assembly
areas of the plant. This position utilizes the combined skills of
data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge, automotive quality
tools, and structured problem solving, to support and improve a
build team's quality performance.
- Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability
- Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
- Deliver quality tool training to team members
- Identify and contain suspect defective material
- Assist supplier quality functions with containment and
- Facilitate structured problem-solving resolution for internal
- Utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and
- Analysis and improvement of quality performance for
- Responsible for quality related continuous improvement
- Monitor, create, and provide quality performance data for KPI
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within
- Potential business travel to support product /process
development at company and supplier locations.
- Knowledge of APQP (Design for Quality)
- Problem solving experience - structured problem-solving
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience
- PPAP documents
- Knowledge of PFMEA
- Knowledge of Control plan
- Measurement System Analysis (GR&R)
- Metrology equipment experience
- Statistical process control / control charts
- Minitab or similar software experience
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Engineering, Quality, or Technical Bachelor's Degree, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.