Posted on: May 31, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role, you will be involved with the design and
specifications for new machinery and equipment. You will also be an
active participant in equipment acceptance testing and
commissioning as well as evaluate proposed changes to equipment and
machinery for safety requirements.
- Utilize a formal management of change process
- Develop and continuously improve equipment safety
- Complete Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis
- Evaluate design proposals for new and changing processes
- Conduct Pre-startup safety reviews with a cross-functional
- Create and deliver training related to equipment and machinery
- Evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place
- Participate in learning teams, investigations, inspections,
audits, etc. as needed
- Work with department EHS staff to support shop needs
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, contractors as well as internal
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or
- 3-5 years of equipment safety experience, risk assessments,
- Experience with ANSI/RIA R15.06, ISO/TS 15066 and other related
- Experience evaluating manual and/or automated manufacturing
- Experience in commissioning new product lines preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% for extended periods of time
- Automotive experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to
dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures.
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven
or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights.
Requires up to 50% travel for this role
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , Safety Engineer, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!