Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The primary purpose of the Incoming Quality Group Leader is to
lead, plan, organize and coordinate the overall daily activities of
the Incoming Quality Team Members and Leads. To identify and
contain defective material within the plant as well as performing
layered process audits of different areas of the plant. Responsible
for all incoming product inside the plant.
- Specific primary responsibilities are defined by the following,
but not limited to:
- Maintains a high-quality relationship with supplier quality and
work closely with them to identify and communicate issues with
supplied product to drive containment and closure of open
- Maintains a high-quality relationship with the internal shop
production managers and group leaders.
- Skilled at data driven problem solving of issues identified in
process and products.
- Plans and establishes quality team agenda and coverage of parts
produced in plant as well as incoming material.
- Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Incoming Quality team
members, auditors, and team leaders.
- Insures adherence to quality standards, standard work, safety,
and overall performance of the quality validation team.
- Ensure that quality team training is completed at required time
- Responsible for the safety of quality employees and that all
quality equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Regularly reports out quality performance to peers and
- Determine quality team activity including recommendation of
hiring, firing, performance, wage, and salary reviews
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Engineering or Technical bachelor's degree Preferred.
- 5+ years of manufacturing or mechanical experience and 3+ years
of supervision experience.
- OR a combination of education and experience
- Understanding of quality standards and inspection methods.
- Understanding of how to quarantine and manage non- conforming
material and MRB processes.
- Understanding of layered audit procedures
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- General office software usage capability (email, excel, word,
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.