Posted on: June 1, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a People Partner, it is our role to uphold Rivian's purpose
and values while supporting initiatives for business units,
leaders, and employees through a variety of Human Resources
strategies, processes, and programs.
- Proactive partnership and coaching with business leaders on
employee performance and engagement strategies.
- Collect and analyze data themes and effectively create and
communicate strategies and solutions to the business.
- Lead HR projects to support COEs across the business in
activities such as annual compensation, job architecture, and
- Acts as a strategic business partner to functional leaders on
management, recruiting coaching, career development, disciplinary
actions and employee relations
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and
policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business
operations and employees
- Suggest and implement new procedures and policies to
continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Human
Resources department and organization, and to improve employee
- Prepares and facilitates employee separations
- Develop, plan and execute employee engagement activities such
as trainings and focus groups
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
off-boarding and investigations.
- Oversee the maintenance of human resources records including
new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, salary
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding recruiting, benefits,
payroll, compensation, and all other HR disciplines.
- Partners with Human Resources subject matter experts to
effectively answer and resolve all complex inquiries and develop
more effective programs and processes.
- In partnership with benefits, oversee the administration of
leaves of absence, FMLA/STD/LTD, ADA, Workers Compensation to
include documentation, reporting to third party, and communication
- Support other Human Resources functions as needed
- Four (4) year college or university degree or equivalent in
Human Resources, Business Management or related field required.
Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Human Resources generalist experience in with
exposure to different functional areas of the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of Human Resources, policy interpretations
and legal requirements.
- Ability to compile information and analyze data to drive
- Possess a high level of problem-solving capability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise judgment in
disclosing or withholding confidential information.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , People Partner, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!