Illinois State University's Milner Library seeks an Acquisitions
Librarian to provide expertise in the procurement of all library
resources and manage the daily workflow for processes related to
the selection, acquisition, and data entry of purchased and
Applications will be accepted through May 17, 2021.
Illinois State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action university encouraging diversity.
1. A degree from a graduate program accredited by the American
Library Association or an ALA-recognized international
2. At least one year of experience in library acquisitions or
library technical services.
3. Demonstrated experience working with vendors on issues,
including purchasing and licensing content in a library and/or
higher education setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a strongly
collegial and participative environment.
5. Ability to work in an automated environment with multiple
6. Detailed knowledge of library acquisition models.
7. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
8. An aptitude for project planning and management, as well as
excellent organizational, time-management, and analytical
9. Knowledge and experience with office software packages, such
as Microsoft Excel.
1. Familiarity with Alma, the library's unified library services
platform and various vendor systems.
2. Knowledge of and experience with accounts payable and/or
3. Experience supervising and training others.
4. Ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate complex
5. Experience working within a consortial purchasing
6. Experience working in an academic library.
7. Aptitude for accuracy and detail while completing complex
8. Experience cultivating relationships with faculty and staff
to ensure library resources meet curricular needs.