Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for a Plastic Injection Molding Quality Engineer
who will be responsible for leading built in quality within the
plastic injection molding area. The ideal candidate will have 4 to
6 years' experience in the plastic injection molding industry along
with class "A" surface experience in the automobile industry. This
role will be responsible for supporting PFMEA development, leading
and developing control plans, developing (MES) manufacturing
engineering system requirements, and collecting data throughout the
plastic injection molding process to make decisions on how to
increase results. The right candidate will have a passion for
manufacturing and driving solutions to complex issues through
structured problem-solving techniques.
- Responsibilities Work hand in hand with Manufacturing
Engineering, Operations, and Quality to develop robust solutions
for built in quality processes.
- Work cross functionally to support PFMEA development for
Plastic injection mold process.
- Develop robust control plans supporting PFMEA
- Support tooling engineers in dimensional & class A reviews
before tools arrive to plant
- Lead dimensional and class A quality loop feedback as tools are
validated in plant
- Support injection molding process as well as sub assembly
- Support continuous improvement efforts post SOP and lead root
cause problem solving.
- Establish APQP process in plastics area
- Support Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality
issues and devise risk mitigation solutions based on data
- Lead data development and establish equipment parameters that
need to be monitored.
- Lead MES validation
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Engineering College /
- 4 - 6 years plastic injection mold experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt 4 - 6 years of plastic injection molding
- Successfully completed RJG Mold Master training
- Knowledge of AIAG, APQP and related tools
- Blueprint reading, Class "A" surface, and GD&T
- Automotive experience a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.