Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This position is responsible for insuring Sealing robots run
efficiently and within designated standards to meet production
demands, achieve the appropriate quality parameters, and ensure the
integrity of the final product is maintained for water
- Understand and troubleshoot high viscosity delivery
- Must be able to interpret engineering process sheets and apply
paint layers to the requirements
- Remain in assigned work area unless otherwise requested to
support another zone
- Complete all shift communications before end of shift, i.e.
Communication emails, Paint schedule changes, and Equipment
- Perform QC checks-sealer viscosity checks, sealer location
correct, bead dimensions are within standard, ensure no water leaks
for our customers, etc
- Perform Robot cleaning
- Perform bell cup cleaning & inspections
- Responsible to produce quality with the minimum amount of
- Quarterly feedback to TM's, TC's and Quality group
- Robot fault recovery
- Complete assigned Robot PM's
- Support line during lunch and breaks
- Operate lift trucks as required
- Can read and understand Job Element Sheets.
- Can provide training to others as we bring on additional
- Understands FIFO principles of stock rotation and shelf
- Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance,
engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 1 year experience programming industrial robots.
Rivian will provide ABB specific training
- Must demonstrate competence of ABB simulation software within 1
year of being in the position. This software knowledge will be
required for Rivian to provide future model launch capability in
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.