Powertrain Series Development Engineer - Driveline
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Primary contact to represent Powertrain Driveline System Group
at Rivian's Production Manufacturing location.
- Support all aspects of Driveline Systems issues related to
design, assembly, and quality.
- Work with component owners to review / complete, all process
assembly documentation (PAD) and ensure assembly sequences are
followed in plant.
- Support failure analysis activities throughout launch and
- Participate in meetings with cross functional teams (plant
quality, manufacturing engineering) to represent Powertrain
- Participate in technical discussions to ensure issues
containment through resolution.
- Collect, maintain, and report out on a range of product
assembly Powertrain issues.
- Track all reported issues from plant and ensure they are
communicated to component owners within Driveline system team or
cross functions areas.
- Using problem solving tools and techniques, trouble shoot all
component or system issues with the manufacturing team.
- Lead Driveline Systems cost reduction initiatives related to
- Coordinate and execute, in plant, design change, trials and
- Ensure any rework instructions and reworks are completed in
house at the production location.
- Coordinate supplier visits at the plant to ensure any
activities that require supplier intervention for build issues are
completed with supplier presence.
- Coordinate vehicular driveline system builds and actions for
trials, analysis of issues or engineering changes.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of automotive work
experience in one or more areas like: engineering design, release,
vehicle testing or manufacturing plants (OEM or Tier1).
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, and design changes.
- Support failure analysis activities throughout production
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills with a bias for
action and issue resolution.
- Understanding of hardware design and failure modes.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation
of mechanical/electrical mechanisms.
- Understanding of mechanical/driveline systems fundamentals and
- Understanding of vehicle electrical architectures and
- Understanding of end of line plant testing.
- Familiar with BoM, CATIA, GD&T, DFMEA and DVP&R
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and electrical
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable
- Analytical mindset with the ability to navigate between fine
details and big picture for problem resolution.
- Knowledge of requirements for vehicle performance and testing
(durability, NVH, vehicle dynamics, thermal, etc.).
- ~10% Domestic Travel.
- Used to fast paced environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , Powertrain Series Development Engineer - Driveline, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!