Product Excellence Technician
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Support the Product Excellence Engineering Team with issue
- Maintain a high-quality relationship within the manufacturing,
logistics & product design teams they are supporting
- Conduct vehicle or component audits to collect data for the
Product Excellence Engineers.
- Utilize simple metrology tools (caliper, feeler gage, etc..) to
inspect, test or measure components, products and materials that
are being produced.
- Participate in objective and subjective data collection on the
vehicles and components.
- Run new component trials, and record results, to verify
engineering changes will not negatively impact the final product
- Conduct A-B-A Component swap investigations on vehicles.
- Have the potential to utilize advanced metrology equipment to
control processes and identify defects
- Initiate and participate in quality related continuous
improvement (Kaizen) projects
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High volume of manufacturing experience
- Problem solving experience
- Metrology equipment experience
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical process control / control charts
- High School education or equivalent; 2+ years of related
manufacturing or quality experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in
a high-pressure environment.
- Provide support or knowledge to identify root cause and
implement permanent countermeasures when necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is
required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate
using telephone and e-mail.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , Product Excellence Technician, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!