Series Engineer, Battery Module
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Member of Battery Module Electro-mechanical design team
- Responsible to lead team in launch of battery pack into start
of production, sustaining and continuous improvement of battery
module after launch
- Design responsibility of assemblies and components during
production launch, ramping up of production and sustaining
- Responsible for maintaining ramp rate of battery pack,
subassembly, and components during launch and into production
- Holistic sustainability of Battery Module assembly,
subassembly, and components
- Continued optimization of Battery Pack, subassembly, and
- Lead Design Reviews
- Lead BOM management and change management
- Lead DFMEA efforts and support of PFMEA efforts
- Prepare rework plans and quality requirements for rework.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and Quality to solve yield and
- Define validation requirements based on design or process
- Lead product improvements and understanding impacts of cost and
- Lead battery module teardown efforts for factory and field
- Lead supplier engagement activities to drive home changes,
monitor line audits and manage part qualifications
- 3+ years industry experience with Bachelors' degree or 1+ years
with Masters' degree.
- Experience with battery module design including structural,
thermal, and electrical components of battery module.
- Understanding of battery system architectures and system
- Understanding and execution of root cause and corrective
- Proficiency with statistics and data analysis
- Understanding of line FAT and SAT
- Strong understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and
- Strong collaboration skills with engineering, manufacturing,
reliability, and quality engineers
- Experience with release engineering including CAD design,
GD&T, and PLM interface
- Familiarity with modeling/analysis tools for structural and
- Understanding of safety protocols for battery modules
- Experience with automotive DVP&R cycle, requirements
management, and issue tracking - JIRA, JAMA, IQ-RM, Plato
- Proficiency with CATIA V6 (3Dx) and Enovia proficiency
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is
accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability
or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the
search and application process, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Normal , Series Engineer, Battery Module, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!