If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or
temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here
(http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to
Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn
how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review
this quick reference guide
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Inbound Manager of Logistics is responsible to manage all
activities associated with the efficient operation of accounts, and
focused effort regarding inbound freight shipments. This includes
P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance,
employee relations and safety.
-Ability to communicate clearly and directly with customer, on a
regular basis is needed to be successful in this role.
-Working Manager role to provide tactical customer support by
coordinating with suppliers and carriers.
- Exclusively inbound productive freight management
- Track & trace of inbound production freight
- Assist with determination of conveyance / mode
- Manage control tower activities from clients location
- Manage delivery timing for inbound continental freight
- Support client with critical shipments
- Support client with carrier & suppliers with contract
- Interface directly with the customer to ensure issues are
resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of
- Strategic operational planning and execution for the
- Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by
implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to
strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results.
- Hire, supervise, develop and manage performance for employees
and maintain a positive employee relations environment at assigned
- Maintain open and effective communications within the work
group(s) and with other work groups within the organization. Review
data, identify and implement necessary actions as required.
- May manage the profit and loss statements based on the
complexity and scope of the organization.
- Lead a proactive safety program within the work group(s)
consistent with company policy in order to provide a safe and
secure work environment. Instruct and enforce location safety
management plans, training and processes. Monitor the maintenance
of equipment for assigned work group(s) by using checklists and
observations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize
effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office
Suite (Excel & Word required)
- Bachelor's degree required in business, logistics,
transportation. A combination of other education and experiences
will be considered.
- Five (5) years or more in the management of warehouse and/or
transportation operations required
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet,
transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000
customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every
day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading
technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an
expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses,
and some of the most talented people in the industry.