Lab Point of Care Medical Lab Scientist MLS/MLT
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Point of Care MT must provide high quality patient care.
Coordinates and monitors daily functions of Point of Care services
performed throughout the Carle Foundation Hospital Organization.
Promotes and embraces the Carle Experience through all
communications and interactions.
- Coordinates activities between all point of care locations and
main Laboratory to ensure consistent procedures and policies.
- Ensure staff members are adequately trained and are competent
to perform all required job tasks.
- Monitors quality control and proficiency testing compliance at
the various Point of Care locations.
- Ensures appropriate inventory of Point of Cares supplies.
- Performs, understands and evaluates accuracy when quality
control, calibrations, linearity, correlations and equivalent
quality control are required.
- Takes beeper calls during Point of Care non-business
- Responsible for oversight and maintenance of equipment. Able to
recognize and troubleshoot malfunctions in equipment.
- Participates in annual policy and procedure review process
- Participate in implementation of new testing platforms
- Participates in regulatory compliance activities such as
inspections, maintenance of proficiency surveys, CLIA Licenses
- As the technical consultant, is responsible for technical and
scientific oversight of the laboratory. This person is not required
to be on-site at all times, but must be available to provide
consultation either on-site, by telephone, or electronically.
- Additional responsibilities for the technical consultant
include the following: selects test methodologies appropriate for
the clinical use of the test menu; verifies test procedures
performed and establishes the laboratory's performance criteria,
including accuracy and precision of each test and test system;
enrolls the laboratory in an approved PT program commensurate with
services offered; establishes a quality control program appropriate
for the testing performed; establishes the acceptable levels of
analytic performance, and ensures these levels are maintained
throughout the testing process; resolves technical problems and
ensures remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate
from the laboratory's established performance specifications;
ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective
action has been taken and the test system is functioning properly;
and reviews competency evaluations.
- Respond and resolve Point of Care instrument or testing
questions from a variety of customers
- Monitor software for result or instrument failures
- Manage and deliver Point of Care reagents
- Provide support during accreditation inspections
- Ensure compliance with Point of Care regulatory functions such
as, but not limited to, competency, proficiency and quality
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Lab Point of Care Medical Lab Scientist MLS/MLT, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!