Medical Lab Scientist/Tech MLS/MLT Hoopeston
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Medical Technologist performs and evaluates complex
chemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microscopic and
bacteriological analyses. Ensures communication of test results as
- Performs testing in the clinical laboratory for use in the
treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and
equipment; perform related duties in laboratory to include storing
and labeling specimens and using manual and automatic equipment to
prepare specimens and perform analytical tests. Performs testing
accurately, safely and within established time periods.
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on laboratory
equipment and instrumentation according to laboratory protocols.
Maintain laboratory supply inventory.
- Perform various Quality Control and Quality Assurance
procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external
regulations and protocols. Evaluates acceptability as associated
with department testing.
- Communicates information with internal and external customers
as appropriate in an accurate, timely, effective and professional
- Recognize problems that require additional troubleshooting,
perform troubleshooting or seek additional assistance as
- Successfully participates in all accredidation and other
proficiency testing and annual performance competencies.
- Develops educational materials and shares knowledge.
Consistently shares any information obtained from external sources
with co-workers. Educates students and new staff in assigned
section. Assists with writing, evaluation, revisions and
implementation of policies and procedures
- Complete Continuing Education as required by Lab policy and to
maintain certification if applicable.
- Follows and maintains familiarity with laboratory and
organizational policies and procedures. Reviews as required.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Medical Lab Scientist/Tech MLS/MLT Hoopeston, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!