Medical Lab Scientist/ Tech MLS/MLT - Chemistry
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Medical Laboratory Scientist performs and evaluates complex
chemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microscopic and
bacteriological analyses. Ensures communication of test results as
- Performs testing in the clinical laboratory for use in the
treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and
- Performs related duties in laboratory to include storing and
labeling specimens and using manual and automatic equipment to
prepare specimens and perform analytical tests.
- Performs testing accurately, safely and within established time
periods for routine, urgent and stat testing.
- Calibrates and performs routine maintenance on laboratory
equipment and instrumentation according to laboratory
- Maintains laboratory supply inventory.
- Performs various Quality Control and Quality Assurance
procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external
regulations and protocols. Evaluates acceptability as associated
with department testing.
- Communicates information with internal and external customers
as appropriate in an accurate, timely, effective and professional
- Recognizes problems that require additional troubleshooting,
performs troubleshooting or seeks additional assistance as
- Successfully participates in all accreditation and other
proficiency testing and annual performance competencies.
- Develops educational materials and shares knowledge.
Consistently shares any information obtained from external sources
with co-workers. Educates students and new staff in assigned
- Assists with writing, evaluation, revisions and implementation
of policies and procedures
- Completes Continuing Education as required by Lab policy and to
maintain certification if applicable.
- Follows and maintains familiarity with laboratory and
organizational policies and procedures. Reviews as required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Performs testing in the Chemistry area of the Clinical
Laboratory. Manual and automated equipment will be used to perform
analytical tests including but not limited to general chemistry and
immunology tests, Ionized Calcium, serum and urine Osmolality,
specimen dilution and reanalysis.
- Notifies appropriate staff members of any calibration or
equipment failures which cannot be immediately resolved.
- Maintains laboratory supply inventory, notifying appropriate
laboratory staff when supplies are below established par
- Reports any values outside of acceptable ranges that cannot be
resolved to the appropriate laboratory staff member.
- Recognizes test result or instrument function problems that
require additional troubleshooting, performs troubleshooting or
seeks additional assistance as appropriate.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Medical Lab Scientist/ Tech MLS/MLT - Chemistry, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!