LPN/GI Tech - Digestive Health
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Under the supervision of a RN, the LPN plans, implements,
directs and evaluates nursing care for assigned patients in the
Digestive Health Center. Assists physicians with diagnostic and
- Recognizes normal and abnormal findings when gathering pt. data
and notifies other team members when appropriate
- Accurately measures and records vital signs (temperature,
pulse, respiration, B/P) and heights/weights.
- Administers medications accurately within scope of
- Assists in the cleaning and sterilization of instruments.
- Assists providers with procedures and treatments.
- Cleans and stocks exam and procedure rooms.
- Completes documentation per regulatory requirements and/or
- Demonstrates comprehension of and compliance with all
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provide direct nursing care to patients under the supervision
of a registered nurse, midlevel provider or physician. Nursing care
is guided by the provider orders and the nursing plan of care
within the LPN scope of practice.
- Reports patient response to care to registered nurse or other
provider for evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan
- Assists the physician with equipment needed to perform
- Assists the physician in collecting specimens.
- Prepares the procedure room with appropriate supplies and
- Reprocesses endoscopes.
- Assists the RN. Provides care to patients that is within their
scope as directed by the RN.
- Collaborates with the RN by contributing to the planning,
implementation and evaluation of the patient’s plan of care
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , LPN/GI Tech - Digestive Health, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!