LPN/Medical Assistant - Case Coordinator/ Drug & Alcohol Program Coordinator
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Develops an effective system of communication with physicians,
patients, employers, insurance carriers, and rehab consultants in
order to monitor treatment progress and outcomes, and to ensure
appropriate, timely, cost-effective, and seamless treatment
delivery for patients receiving treatment for work related
injuries. Coordinates the drug and alcohol testing program for
Occupational Medicine, administering the random consortiums,
clinical expertise in chain of custody procedures, training of
individuals and the organization of the paperwork process. Performs
drug and alcohol testing procedures.
- Arranges/coordinates case conferences as necessary regarding
occupational rehabilitation clients.
- Contacts payers to obtain prior authorization for services;
documents and conveys payment.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, effective system of
communication with physicians, employers, insurance carriers, rehab
consultants, attorneys, and counseling of patients.
- Educates staff regarding Worker's Compensation and
- Evaluates cases and assists providers with treatment
- Monitors progress/outcomes (in treatment) to ensure
appropriate, timely, cost-effective, seamless treatment delivery
for patients receiving treatment for work related injuries and
those referred for rehabilitation.
- Schedules functional capacity evaluations, functional abilities
assessments, work conditioning baseline evaluations, and work
- Educates support staff and employers on drug and alcohol
testing procedures, regulations and laws.
- Manage the flow of supplies including: ordering and purchasing
inventory and non-inventory supplies, checking-in supplies,
monitoring stock levels daily, maintaining inventory levels,
distributing supplies, and monitoring actual or potential shortages
- Trains staff to become certified breath alcohol technicians.
Trains staff to become certified drug screen collectors.
Communicates any changes in processes related to urine or hair drug
screening and breath alcohol testing. Maintains testing
documentation per DOT regulations.
- Ensures ranges and testing materials are appropriate for all
- Audits, identifies, and resolves problem areas, whether they
are process, system, or training issues.
- Investigates and resolves customer inquiries and
- Maintains driver lists in STIX random testing module by
company. Maintains quarterly spreadsheet of DOT, Non-DOT and
Company consortiums. Maintains quarterly and annual reports for
each company in the consortiums. Communicates testing results to
companies. Educates companies on random testing regulations.
Performs random driver selections per each consortium's protocols.
Works with companies in the consortiums should they undergo DOT
audits, including meeting with the DOT representatives.
- Performs essential job functions of day and after hour drug
- Is available to answer drug screen and breath alcohol questions
for day and evening shifts, and completes after hours drug screens
and breath alcohol tests if the scheduled After Hours Drug Screen
Collector does not respond to page.
- Identifies recurring issues and presents resolutions to
appropriate individuals or department.
- Assists with maintaining budget parameters for drug and alcohol
services, while meeting department needs. Provides input to
management regarding budget needs.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , LPN/Medical Assistant - Case Coordinator/ Drug & Alcohol Program Coordinator, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!