Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Digestive Health
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Certified Medical Assistant / Registered Medical Assistant
performs routine administrative and patient care support duties in
a medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the
examination and treatment of patients and ensures that the office
- Rooming patients: Collecting pertinent information regarding
the patient's chief complaint, family history, social history,
surgical history, and medication reconciliation upon arrival for a
- Telephone Interactions: As directed, completing necessary
telephone communications with patients, families, pharmacies,
and/or other health care facilities. Gathering information and
maintaining patient information via telephone per department
specific processes and policies.
- Administrative tasks including, but not limited to,prior
authorizations, scheduling appointments, verification of benefits,
and coordination of referrals and testing.
- Office procedures as directed and per department specific
competencies. May perform procedures such as breath tests, assist
with flex sigmoidoscopy procedure, assist with HRA, assist with
rectal US, glucose POC and A1C POC.
- Provide patient with written instructions regarding procedures,
medications, or follow up instructions at the direction of the
provider. CMA staff may retrieve and provide condition specific
education from the internet, internal website, or printed materials
per the provider directions and orders.
- Administer medications per the provider order.
- Provide assistance with prescription medication refills per
department protocols. Call medications into pharmacies, notify
patients of refills, and documents actions within the EMR per
- Generates result notes
- Initiates and performs breath tests
- Administers vaccines and other injections as indicated
- Provides patient instructions
- Performs prior authorization process
- Preps charts for visits and procedures
- Assists with minor procedures such as flexible sigmoidoscopy,
rectal ultrasound and high resolution anaoscopy
- Performs and maintains competency of high level disinfection
and sterilization processes
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Digestive Health, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!