Radiologic Tech Lead
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Under supervision, the Lead Radiologic Technologist oversees
technical procedures, patient care and work flow in RT area to
ensure safe and effective patient care. Performs diagnostic general
radiological procedures utilizing various imaging equipment to
assist in diagnosis of disease and injuries. Responsible for
initial and annual training and competencies.
- Performs all essential functions of the X-Ray
- Serves as a technical resource and subject matter expert for
staff, management, and physicians in Radiography.
- Oversees the patient schedule and workflow to maximum
efficiency as established by department benchmarking. Coordinates
staff coverage during unexpected high exam volumes as well as
minimizing staff in times of low volumes.
- Performs or has input in staff scheduling and timecard edits
based on the department guidelines.
- Participates in QA/QC programs. Directs personnel in
maintaining standards set out by accrediting bodies, licensures and
- Participates in scheduling of department's technical equipment
service and/or maintenance.
- Develops training programs and evaluates technical skills of
staff. Responsible for ensuring staff has completed new employee
and annual employee competencies.
- Recommends to the coordinator/manager/director personnel
actions for hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, performance
evaluations, and disciplinary measures of staff.
- Participates in submitting information and imaging for
accreditation following department guidelines for accreditation
processing. Responsible for reporting timely updates to one up on
- Aids in the annual review and periodic updates of department
policies and protocols.
- Performs on call duties and/or work variable shifts as assigned
to meet department needs.
- Performs coaching with staff and documents conversations.
Performs record of conversation and progressive discipline at the
direction of their one up.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Radiologic Tech Lead, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!