Social Worker (LSW or LCSW required)
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Case Management Social Worker-Behavioral Health provides
professional services to patients referred by the Behavioral Health
department to meet identified psychosocial, emotional, financial
and environmental needs. The social worker provides psychosocial
assessments, supportive counseling, emergent crisis intervention
appropriate to setting, financial resource information, environment
enhancements, advance directive planning and referrals to community
agencies for patients. Using an interdisciplinary team approach,
the social worker ensures clear communication and helps to
facilitate care transitions. The social worker identifies and
implements interventions at the individual and systemic levels and
provides expertise to high risk clients across the continuum.
Social Services are provided as part of a collaboration with
- Assist patients with completing applications for assistance
programs, including Illinois Medicaid, Carle Financial Assistance
Program, and pharmaceutical assistance programs.
- Arrange Medicaid and Managed Medicaid transportation to
appointments for qualifying patients.
- Finding resources to assist the patient with: transportation,
obtaining medications, financial barriers, social security or
employee-based disability claims, or other barriers to safe and
- Helps to facilitate care transitions and other specialties when
- Keeps the director/manager informed of problematic cases,
especially those involving legal or risk management issues.
- Provides assistance and advocacy to patients in obtaining
financial resources and government entitlements.
- Provides social work intervention to patient/families
- Responds to referrals from healthcare team members to identify
available services for case specific needs.
- Collaborates with behavioral health staff to meet the needs of
high risk populations.
- Documents all patient interactions, significant observations,
interventions, and actions taken in the patient’s medical record in
an appropriate and timely manner.
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support
- Consults and collaborates with other professionals involved in
providing services to patients
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Social Worker (LSW or LCSW required), Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!