Social Worker (LSW or LCSW required)
Posted on: September 10, 2021
$2,500 sign on bonus (1 or more years of
$1,000 sign on bonus (less than 1 year of
Provides social work services to patients and families within
assigned areas in order to meet identified psychosocial needs, as
well as to enhance problem-solving and coping capacities and to
facilitate timely discharge by arranging post-discharge services.
The social worker provides psychosocial assessments, supportive
counseling, crisis intervention, and financial planning and works
collaboratively with all other members of the healthcare team,
ensuring clear communication and care planning to all patients.
- Investigates cases admitted with 'no insurance' or 'self-pay'
to identify whether insurance coverage does exist, and if the need
for financial assistance is warranted.
- Evaluates patients for abuse/neglect and makes appropriate
- Involves patient and family in case planning decisions.
- Keeps the director/manager informed of problematic cases,
especially those involving legal or risk management issues.
- Provides assistance and advocacy to patients in obtaining
financial resources and government entitlements.
- Provides information and counseling for advance directives,
power of attorney, and conservatorship.
- Provides social work intervention to patient/families.
- Provides support and planning in cases of death, adoption, and
- Responds to referrals from healthcare team members to identify
available facilities and services for case specific needs during
- Assess patients who are uninsured/underinsured for IL Medicaid
eligibility and/or Carle Financial Assistance Program eligibility.
If so, provide direction or assistance with completing the
- Complete psychosocial assessments with patients to identify
expressed, implied or anticipated needs.
- Complete mandated reports of suspected abuse and/or neglect of
minors, disabled adults, and seniors. Cooperate and collaborate
with the investigating bodies for safe plans.
- Find solutions to offer patients so that they can obtain needed
prescription medications, e.g coupons, copay cards, pharmaceutical
assistance programs, Social Security Extra Help, 340B, One Time Rx
- Find, and if possible, arrange transportation for patients to
get to and from their medical appointments and/or home from the
- Educate about and connect patients with community resources to
help meet their needs, e.g. non skilled help at home, meals/food,
housing resources, charity assistance programs, support groups,
- Provide empathic listening and emotional support to patients
either in person or over the phone.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Social Worker (LSW or LCSW required), Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!