RN Educator - Medical/Surgical
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The RN Educator coordinates the planning, development, and
implementation of education for the Unit. Will provide bedside
education to the unit nurse, ensuring competency through both
monthly skill validation and frequent monitoring of all staff. Will
serve as the education and quality resource for all nursing
practice issues and as the orientation resource for all new
employees in the unit. Will oversee policy, procedure and standard
development and revision through evidence based practice changes.
Additionally, will perform routine audits to ensure education needs
are being addressed for staff.
- Plan and coordinate unit educational presentations/activities
in relation to management of Observation status patients, Expanded
Care infusion medicine and Med/Surg patient management.
- Provide opportunities for less experienced nursing staff to
grow and develop their unit specific skills.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor staff competencies and keep
records for annual review. Report any non-compliance of staff
competencies to manager at the beginning of each month.
- Utilize information technology to obtain evidence-based
practices and the latest research to provide current best practice
information to care providers on the unit. Ensure that the unit
policy/procedure/standards reflect EBP and are practiced
- Develop and plan a unit based competency fair once a year for
additional staff education and continued process improvement.
- Assess the educational needs of the staff and patients
(inpatient and outpatient) in regards to Observation status,
Med/Surg and Expanded Care infusion medicine.
- Present educational materials at all staff meetings specific to
patient populatin served.
- Assist in educating patients regarding treatment plans and
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , RN Educator - Medical/Surgical, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!