RN - Clinical Contract Manager
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Responsible for clinical integration of the supply chain for
medical/surgical products purchased for the organization. Interacts
with buyers to implement strategic sourcing plan for med/surg items
to support contract compliance and costs savings using data
analytics, benchmarking and clinician buy-in. Identifies and
implement practice changes aimed at reducing supply utilization and
improved quality outcomes. Heads the enterprise-wide Value Analysis
Team and reports to Senior Leadership.
- Review contract calendar to set timeline for
review/implementation of Strategic Sourcing initiatives.
- Coordinate with Buyers/Contract Administrators to ensure price
activations are completed prior to contract start date.
- Encourages a collaborative, collegial relationship between
areas of responsibility and supply chain to become a valued
- Assists nursing departments with coordination of communication
and education related to product changes.
- Physically round on the acute care units working closely with
department managers, physicians and other clinicians to identify
and implement product standardization, increase product quality,
and practice cost containment.
- Utilize clinical nursing skills to review, audit and recommend
best practices for supply utilization.
- Leads the Value Analysis process for medical/surgical/nursing
service line to review clinical utilization of products as well as
quality outcomes to ensure products contracted are best value for
the organization. This includes documentation of meeting minutes
and communication to stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Provides clinical guidance for the rest of the Supply Chain
Services team related to usefulness of new products being
requested, researching alternative products, or equivalents.
- Conducts detailed analysis on savings opportunities and
prepares graphs/spreadsheets for presentation to Value Analysis
teams and/or senior administration and physicians.
- Routinely reviews contract files for expirations and
opportunities for bid. In collaboration with key stakeholders
develops Requests for Proposal (RFP) and conducts the process
through to final negotiations with vendor on pricing and
terms. Collaborates with legal department to finalize
- Manages contract portfolio for Premier medical/nursing/general
service lines to ensure price accuracy to contract price, contract
expiration dates, and opportunities due to market change,
competition or new physicians that may indicate a change in
- Works with Buyer and Contract Administrators to review and
manage price discrepancies. Prepare new contract price files
for the Lawson Procurement Specialist to upload into Lawson.
- Responsible for supplier relationship management including
quarterly business reviews with top vendors to review pricing,
rebates, vendor behavior and opportunity for new savings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all pricing handled within the
organization as well as ensuring the proper release of information
to external benchmarking groups as needed.
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability
through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily
procedures, processes and practices.
- Positions are not available for remote work in the state of
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , RN - Clinical Contract Manager, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!