Clinic RN - Medical Oncology
Posted on: September 10, 2021
In addition to the role of Medical Oncology Clinic RN, this RN
will be responsible for floating throughout the Cancer Institute to
cover infusion, nurse navigation, radiation oncology, and surgical
oncology as needed.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include
assisting with procedures using conscious sedation, placement of
IV's, and administering chemotherapy drugs.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Evaluate symptoms over the phone and in face to face contact
- Execute orders based on diagnosis and protocols.
- Monitor lab values to ensure safe levels for treatments and/or
- Evaluate walk in patients; provide physicians with patient
condition/complaint and recommendations.
- Coordinate patient care concerns with regard to cancer care and
- Perform moderate sedation for patient procedures by
- Refill prescriptions per protocol.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Clinic RN - Medical Oncology, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!