Clinic RN - Dermatology
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Ambulatory Nurse utilizes a systematic approach to nursing
by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to
individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of
practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and
families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established
standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff
and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the
quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Assists Nursing Supervisor/coordinator in the development of
departmental standing orders.
- Explains procedure to patient and provides for patient care-
including comfort, support, safety, and confidentiality.
- Performs advanced nursing activities, which can include
assisting with procedures using local anesthetic, and placement of
- Assist with coordination of care for patient’s age 0-150 with
skin care issues such as skin cancer & acne.
- Provide in office education for newly diagnosed skin conditions
&/or medications for treatment such as Accutane & biologic
- Obtain prior authorization for dermatology medications & work
with specialty pharmacies.
- Administration of ID/SubQ/IM medications.
- Perform telephone triage for acute & chronic patient’s age
- Assist with in office procedures such as skin biopsies
including administration of local anesthetic, pre-procedural
education, & post care.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Clinic RN - Dermatology, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!