Posted on: October 5, 2021
$5,000 sign on bonus (1 or more years of
$1,500 sign on bonus (less than 1 year of
$2,500 relocation with 1 or more years of
experience (for greater than 50 miles)*
The MRI Technologist performs magnetic resonance imaging procedures
utilizing various imaging equipment and contrast material. Prepares
and administers gadolinium based contrast material based on Carle
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing
positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data
for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety. Reports
safety events immediately including those that are a near
- May perform duties of MRI Lead or Imaging Coordinator in
- Meets productivity levels as established by department
benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to maintain
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within
the department to which licensers are held by the
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained
modalities also performed within the department.
- Required secondary registries are not required for cross
trained modalities at HRHC unless otherwise required by specific
compliance, licensure, or accrediting bodies.
- Research assignments as needed.
- Performs magnetic resonance imaging procedures and assigned
invasive procedures by acquiring and processing patient exams as
outlined in department protocols including performing multi-planar
reformats and/or 3D rendered images independently. Reviews case
with the radiologist when appropriate. Administers IV gadolinium
based contrast when appropriate and recognizes and responds to any
adverse reactions or allergic reactions. Administers IV gadolinium
based contrast material by means of existing IV line or by
performing veni-puncture and placing IV line.
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and
accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for
medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if
needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and provides
necessary medical history and information for Radiologist
interpretation. Utilizes RIS for proper scheduling, billing and
coding of procedures. Utilizes the web server/EA viewer and email
system to send exams for preliminary readings to nighthawks after
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace
environment including maintaining supply inventories and
orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs
and reports service needs in a timely manner.
- Assists in the instruction of students and new staff in the
unit's operations as necessary.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , MRI Technologist, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!