Posted on: November 11, 2021
$5,000 sign on bonus (1 or more years of
$1,500 sign on bonus (less than 1 year of
$2,500 relocation with 1 or more years of
experience (for greater than 50 miles)*
with 1 or more years of experience
- External Applicants
The Radiologic Technologist performs diagnostic general
radiological procedures utilizing various imaging equipment to
assist in diagnosis of disease and injuries.
- Performs radiographic procedures by acquiring and processing
patient exams in accordance with accreting bodies and/or
manufacturer guidelines and as outlined in department protocols.
Reviews cases with the radiologist when appropriate. Reviews labs
and patient history to perform correct exam. Administers IV
contrast and oral/rectal contrast when appropriate.
Recognizes and responds to any adverse reactions or allergic
reactions. Administers IV contrast material by means of existing IV
line or by performing veni-puncture. Screens the patient for
possibility of pregnancy and performs pregnancy testing if
- Responsible to review radiology orders for completeness and
accuracy. Reviews patient history and supporting clinical data for
medical necessity. Takes steps to acquire additional information if
needed from the patient, ordering provider and/or Radiologist.
- Demonstrates acceptable imaging quality standards by critiquing
positioning, technical factors and alignment. Reviews patient data
for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Transfers and verifies image data in PACS and provides
necessary medical history and information for Radiologist
interpretation. Utilizes the web servers and email systems to send
exams for preliminary readings after hours.
- Responsible for maintaining imaging equipment and workplace
environment including maintaining supply inventories and
orderliness of work area. Recognizes malfunctions and service needs
and reports service needs in a timely manner.
- Ensures patient, visitor and environmental safety.
Reports safety events immediately including those that are a near
- Assists in instruction of students and new staff as necessary.
May perform duties of Rad Tech Lead or Imaging Coordinator in
- Meets productivity levels as established by department
benchmarking. Assists other areas during downtimes so to
- May be required to perform duties of other modalities within
the department to which licensers are held by the
- Complies with other job descriptions of cross-trained
modalities also performed within the department.
- Required secondary registries are not required for cross
trained modalities at HRHC unless otherwise required by specific
compliance, licensure, or accrediting bodies.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!