Surgical Tech - Digestive Health
Posted on: November 11, 2021
$2,500 sign on bonus (1 or more years of
$1,500 sign on bonus (less than 1 year of
$2,500 relocation (for greater than
The Surgical Technologist provides clinical support in the
Digestive Health Center. As a member of the endoscopy team, the
Surgical Technologist assists with patient care activities, obtains
specimens, assists physician with instruments and setting up and
tearing down room between cases. Role includes reprocessing of
endoscopes and accessory instruments and resource for technical
equipment within the department.
- Assists in organization and coordination of supplies and
equipment to maintain an efficient and cost effective
- Collects data on assigned patients as directed by the RN and
the unit based performance standards.
- Performs accurate documentation duties on the nursing unit and
in patient records as directed by unit based performance standards
- Applies the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner to
maintain a clean and/or sterile environment. Maintains separation
of clean and dirty.
- Communicates effectively with team members and patients and
- Assists providers with procedures and treatments.
- Assists in cleaning and sterilization of instruments in
accordance with unit and hospital policy and nursing society
- Cleans and stocks exam and procedure rooms.
- Obtains specimens and transports in accordance to hospital
- Resource for technical equipment within the department.
- Assists with inventory and restocking of supplies.
- Assists the physician with equipment needed to perform
- Prepares the procedure room with appropriate supplies and
- Reprocesses endoscopes.
- Assists the RN. Provides care to patients that is within their
scope as directed by the RN.
- Assists the physician in collecting specimens.
Keywords: CARLE, Normal , Surgical Tech - Digestive Health, Other , Normal, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!